AppCatalyst is a fast-growing mobile applications firm, specific to the healthcare industry. We are currently seeking a front-end developer for web and mobile applications to be part of our amazing team.
The front-end developer will work in a distributed team environment in the design and execution of web and mobile products. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve his or her skill set in the ever-evolving medium of the web. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with experience in user experience and user interface design.
- Understand and assist in the UX design process
- Create and implement UI designs to satisfy UX designs
- Develop themes and modular components to support a dry, scalable UI kit
- Draft and maintain UI design documents
- Extend and maintain a front-end boilerplate/development style that is implemented across our infrastructure
- Document front-end code and development practices to support scalable front end infrastructure
- Develop front-end applications for management tools
- Design and create graphic components for mobile and web applications.
- Possess an advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI; adhere to and extrapolate complex design systems and apply to coded pages, screens, and states.
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smart phones and tablets.
- Understand when mobile web apps are appropriate, as opposed to native applications.
Have experience with:
- Single page application architecture
- Precompiled CSS systems such as SASS to compile stylesheets
- Utilizing and maintaining icon font libraries.
- Vector and raster graphic manipulation and rendering. Experience with Adobe CC and Sketch are a plus.
- Package management systems like bower and npm
- Git or other version control system
- Analytics solutions, such as Google Analytics
- Developing for search engine optimization
- Standards-compliant code
- Responsive design
- Experience with Node.js and Express are a plus
- Work with client services, sales, and the design team. Manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
- Understand Agile methodology and instill best practices into the process.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related discipline (preferred but not required). Minimum 2+ years in a front-end development position.
Please contact Joseph Gledhill email@example.com, with examples of your work, resume, and a brief write-up of why you are interested in this position and a good fit for AppCatalyst.
Please include brief descriptions of your role on specific projects.