AppCatalyst and Self Care Decisions LLC
Effective Date: May 2018
AppCatalyst and Self Care Decisions are privately-owned, limited liability companies operating in Windsor, Colorado of the U.S.A. They are committed to providing you with excellent service for all of our products. We understand and respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Statement is written to inform you about our privacy practices for our mobile applications, as well as potential developments of future applications. Please read the following carefully to understand the use of your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information We Gather From You
Privacy is of great concern to most website and mobile application users. We are sensitive to this and purposely minimize the information we ask of our users. Whether you use our mobile applications or visit our websites, we assure you that we do not collect personal information from you unless you explicitly and intentionally provide it to us. If you are simply using our application as intended, we do not gather any personal information about you.
Statistical Information About Your Visit
When you use one of our applications or websites, Google Analytics may automatically collect statistics about your application use. This information does not identify you personally, but rather pertains to your usage of our application. We may monitor statistics such as general IP address locations, date and time of encounters, content topics viewed, buttons tapped, cellular device models, and cellular service carriers. These statistics are collected anonymously through Google Analytics and cookies. We may use statistics about your application use for aggregation purposes only. These statistics are used to help us improve the performance of our applications. You should also be assured that we do not provide or sell information about our customers or site visitors to anyone. You can opt-out of the Google Analytics features by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
There are limited functions within our applications in which you can store any data.
- Physician/Pharmacy Contact Information. We provide the ability for you to select and store phone numbers from your smartphone’s Contacts application within our symptom checker apps. This is done for your convenience and it allows you to quickly launch a call to your doctor or pharmacy from within our mobile application.
- If you choose to create a profile (first name, birth date and gender) for yourself and/or your family members, we provide the ability for you to do so within our applications. The benefit to you is that you can skip the age group and gender selection step each time you check a symptom. The symptoms presented will use the profile information to streamline which symptoms are displayed to you.
- Medication and Allergy List(s). If you choose to create a medication list for yourself and/or your family members, we provide the ability for you to do so within our applications.
In both cases, the data is stored directly on your smartphone device. We do not have access to the data you store, nor make them available to any person, company or third party.
There are limited functions within our applications which support sending an email. Be aware, email is not a secure messaging medium.
- Send Feedback. Our mobile applications provide a Send Feedback feature, which allows you to 1) email the sponsoring organization with a question or 2) email our support team regarding any questions you may have concerning our mobile applications. Additionally, each of our mobile applications has a corresponding support webpage (external to the app) in which users can email a support form with any questions or concerns they may have.
- In many of our applications, there is a “Share” option within the symptom checker function. This allows you to send a summary of a symptom check to another person via email. If you send an email from within our mobile applications (perhaps by using the ‘Share’ function in the symptom checker) it is not being sent securely.
Remember that electronic mail (email) is not secure. If you consider your message to be sensitive, please send it by an alternative method.
Disclosure by Law and Protection of AppCatalyst and Self Care Decisions
If we are required by law to disclose certain information (such as aggregated Google Analytics data) to local, state, federal, national or international law authorities, we will do so. We will also disclose information to third parties as necessary in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, AppCatalyst or Self Care Decisions may share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud, or enforce or apply our agreements according to 18 U.S. Code § 2702 of the Stored Wire and Electronic Communications and Transactional Records Access Act. Rest assured, we will not and cannot disclose any personal information or data which is not accessible to us.
Links to External Websites and Resources
AppCatalyst’s and Self Care Decisions’ products may contain links to external websites, such as the Centers for Disease Control, the American Heart Association, and other partner networks, advisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their content and the functioning of their website(s).
Facilitating the Support of our Applications
We may use the information you submit within Send Feedback to contact you to discuss the support of our products. You may receive a communication directly from one of our customer care representatives. Please be assured that we will keep the communications to a minimum.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to send notifications to our users. You may opt out of notifications, as well as any requests to voluntarily complete a survey or rate an application. Notification management options are included within our applications.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If a material change is made to this Privacy Statement and/or the way we use our customers’ personally identifiable information, a prominent notice of the nature of the change will be posted within the Privacy Statement contained within our applications.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy statement, please contact our Compliance Officer at email@example.com.